Voltron fans were treated to an in-depth discussion of the epic second season of the critically acclaimed Netflix original series DreamWorks Voltron Legendary Defender at WonderCon. Panelists included Executive Producer Joaquim Dos Santos, Co-Executive Producer Lauren Montgomery, Story Editor Tim Hedrick, Jeremy Shada (Lance), Josh Keaton (Shiro), Tyler Labine (Hunk), Bex Taylor-Klaus (Pidge), and Kimberly Brooks (Allura). Each attendee received a WonderCon exclusive poster created by Joaquim Dos Santos and almost had a first look at Prince Lotor, before falling victim to an April Fool’s Day video at the panel.
- As a con tradition, Tim Hedrick excitedly handed out original story cards to each audience member who asked a question.
- Bex shared her favorite Pidge line with the audience: “we’re all interconnected with cosmic dust,” and explained how much she loves that her superpower is what her character hated the most.
- Tyler offered some insight into Hunk’s character explaining that “his instinct is to trust in the good things, but he’s often mistaken.”
- After Joaquim confirmed that season three is coming later this year, a fan thanked both him and Lauren for keeping action cartoons alive. Joaquim said, “the fans are the quintessence of the show!” Lauren said that she’s “grateful that fans of the original have been open and accepting of Voltron Legendary Defender.”
- The audience got a taste of “a real life Hunk” when a cosplayer that majored in engineering and minored in culinary arts offered Tyler a cinnamon roll. (He gladly accepted!!)
- Fans erupted in screams once Lotor’s voice was finally revealed. Jeremy admitted that, “Prince Lotor’s voice is very soothing….even dreamy”
Last but not least, don’t forget to head to Burger King starting 4/3 for some awesome new Voltron Kids Meal toys!
About DreamWorks Animation Television:
DreamWorks Animation Television is one of the world’s leading suppliers of high-quality, animated family programming, reaching consumers on linear and on-demand platforms in more than 130 countries and garnering 31 Emmy Awards to date. It is a division of the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG).
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 83 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.